Tuesday 22 November 2011

Some Really Cool Portfolio Websites

This week, April asked us to research some other designers and check out their portfolio websites. Not surprisingly, there were a number of really cool sites. Below are my three faves:

John Zmuda


The reason I love this site is for its simplicity. I love the overview of the designer's work space and his interface is beautiful.

Jason Reed


This site for John Reed is also a nice clean site. What makes it different for me is his illustrated self-portrait. A great way to "give a face to the name".

John Wright


John Wright's Photography site is an excellent Flash site. Although waiting for Flash sites to load is a pain in the kiester, the end-result is almost always worth it!

I checked out a wide number and variety of sites for this research project and I have to say that for a bunch of people who call themselves designers, there's an awful lot of garbage out there! I started my search from an older blog by Design Mag called 101 Awesome Portfolio Sites. Some of the sites they listed were really cool... but then when you navigated to the actual website, it had been changed. I understand. My own corporate identity has changed many times over the past several years, too. What bothered me were the websites that started off really cool, but then got changed to something totally sucky. Why oh why would they do that? Another example of the adage "If it ain't broke don't fix it"!

No comments:

Post a Comment