Friday 9 December 2011

30 Second "Call to Action" Video

It's been a very busy couple of weeks over here in the Interactive Multimedia program at Holland College. The class is almost done for the semester... it's pretty much all over but the cryin'! :)

We still had a couple of projects to pass in even though there were no class sessions. Yesterday was the deadline for our 30 second "Call to Action" videos. Basically, they were supposed to be either public awareness/call to action spots or a commercial for a charitable organization. I chose to do mine on the Attawapiskat crisis up in Northern Ontario.

I must have read at least twenty articles related to this small, James Bay community before delving into the actual editing. When I posted my video and an Attawapiskat petition link up on my "wall" in Facebook, I inadvertently opened up a political can of worms amongst my peeps... not what I was going for at all, but oh well. I was just hoping for a little feedback on my video, not a re-write of the Canadian Indian Act!

Honestly, I don't like being controversial or political, but I guess I can't avoid it my entire life. That having been said, I may post a couple of dozen kitten photos and videos on my wall just to get the political rantings pushed down my Facebook wall so I don't have to see it anymore!

Anyway, here's the video I made (again, I was helped out with a great piece of music by Kevin Macleod).

No comments:

Post a Comment