Wednesday 18 April 2012

PHP & I Are Friends Again

One of our biggest projects this semester was to build a website with a content management system. Each of us in the class had to come up with a new interface design for the Holland College bookstore and code it using HTML, CSS, mySQL, and PHP. This is a mockup of my interface:


I was working on this website off and on over the past few weeks and got it to the point where I only needed 3 more of the site's pages coded... then it all went into the toilet! I don't know how I managed it, but I ended up screwing up my code so badly that by the end of the week I had 10 pages to code like I had gone backwards in time!

Today, I found the errors and fixed them all myself (thanks to Googling some php forums). I am the first person in the class to get the site done, and I am really proud of myself. Last week I was ready to give up on it entirely... I am so glad I stuck with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment