Tuesday 18 October 2011

Website Interfaces - The Fun Part of Web Design

On Mondays, as mentioned in my earlier post, we have Visual Design. We started off fairly easy: a couple of fun design projects to wet the whistle and get us "in the mood".

Now, we've been exploring creating website interfaces using a variety of jumping off points for inspiration. This week, we produced interfaces using a photograph for inspiration. Here's my photo:




and here's the website interface I produced from the photograph's colour pallette:




Last week, we created interfaces based on a font of our choice. The font I chose to use was Optima. I discovered Optima Black when I was in the graphic design course and particularly enjoyed making "totem poles" out of the vertical text. I just love the way the curved ends of this beefy font meet to make interesting negative spaces. Here's the interface so you can see what I mean:




Of course, designing a pretty site is all well and good, but actually getting the code to work is another story... maybe even another blog! :)

I'll be doing some more cool stuff and posting it here, so please stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment